The Shirley Hall was completed in 1957. It is a magnificent Hall and performing space named in honour of the distinguished Headmaster Canon John Shirley.
In recent years its large basement had become a cluttered collection of useful but incoherent rooms. The whole area has been converted into an open, modern and attractive space: the main feature is a Pupils’ Social Centre alongside a new and improved University and Careers room at the centre of the School.
This area will be called ‘Chums’ after a generous gift from OKS benefactors.